Tuesday, October 4, 2011

I'm not big on change.


And, I'm clearly not alone.  This I know... or the little book "Who moved my cheese?" would never have become such a hot little seller.

I like my plans.  I like to make them, I like when other people adhere to them and I really, really like it when everything goes according to my plan.  : )  I mean, I really, really like that.

But, as life goes, so does my plan.  Sigh.

I have had an up and down kind of week and I'm a little tired of the ride.  I know, please don't remind me that it is only Tuesday!  I thought I had things planned out and then found out other people had other things in mind.  By chance, by design, by need.. by a lot of things.

So, we will again undergo a little change here at Emma's Friends.  I hope you won't be impacted on your end too much, but we may have a few ripples along the way.  There are some good changes too... like Hawley Winterfest moving to the Silk Mill and becoming a two day show.  That's a nice change (more space, more light, more vendors and more time to shop!).  But sad one for me is loosing my assistant Marie.  She's been very helpful this past year and I will miss her a lot!  But, she has a big change in her life... a new little person, Nathan, who is a little brother to Owen.  Two amazing, wonderful little changes in her life who need her at home.  I will miss you Marie!  I hope you and your beautiful little men love your time together... I know you will!

I know that "THE BIG MAN" is working his plan and so I will rest in the fact that He's the one in control and that no matter how much I think I know, He really has got the whole thing worked out for me. 

But, truthfully, it doesn't feel much like that at the moment.  In fact, this is what the plan feels like to me:


A mishmosh of unitelligible marks... nothing like the plan I had laid out which made perfect sense to me!  But, what I know is that He is the only one that sees the plan... That I have to rest in His work that He knows the plans He has for me... and that perhaps, His plan reads more like this:

 
Beatitudes - Cross Stitch Pattern

So... I just need to hang on, have faith and believe. Trusting not in what I "feel" but the faith that I have.  And, I need to keep on plugging.  So, on that note, I think I'll get back to plugging...I have new plans to think up!  ;)  Hopefully they align with His.  Oh, Lord, I pray!

Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment