Monday, September 26, 2011

Good intentions, poor execution...

I've come to the realization that I am a good intentioned, but poorly executing blogger.  It's a sad confession.  I really have wanted to be consistent with the blog, but as life moves at its pace, blogging falls off the radar.  I am sure I am not alone in this happening in life.  I think we all have those things we intend to do, yet fail to complete.

So, I downloaded and have been reading Start Something That Matters by Blake Mycoskie of TOMS shoes (http://www.startsomethingthatmatters.com/ and feel it fits perfectly (no pun intended) with what we are doing at Emma's Friends.  Mycoskie references Napoleon Hill's book Think and Grow Rich which is not the intent of Emma's Friends, but which has such amazing success stories of so many incredible entrepreneurs.  My father gave me Hill's book years ago and I re-read it a few years ago.  It studies successful people and thie practices (among other things).

So, you ask, "What does this all have to do with blogging?"  Good question!  I have also been struggling to get my morning runs in... so after my run this morning, I was thinking on a renewed connection with my friend Ron Stebelton (https://www.facebook.com/ron.stebelton) and his new enterprise based on Hill's research as well (http://www.mastermindtopersonalpower.com/main.php) and it all came full circle for me. 

If only I could blog and run!  Well, I haven't quite figured out how to do that, but...


One of the practices of these highly successful people is to do the hard things first.  Another confession: I'm not a morning person!  LOL!  But, I like to run in the morning after Emma gets on the school bus.  So, how do I blog and run in the morning?  Well, after a run, I need to cool down before showering which would be... a perfect time to blog.  So... here we go.  I plan to think through my blog post while I am on my run, and then write it and post during my cool down. 

Can I manage to couple two goals in an effort to achieve both? We will find out.  Accountability is yet another method to attaining success so I am publicly (and a little afraid to put it down truthfully!) committing to run and blog in the morning.

Ahh... this is one of the reasons I enjoy running so much.  It gets me out in fresh air and give my mind a chance to "run" too.  Awesome.  And... a little scary. 

Best,
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment