Thursday, January 22, 2009

Handcrafted soap dishes... YEAH!

I am more than a little excited to share with you something new coming to Emma's Friends Soaps & Lotions... handcrafted ceramic soap dishes.

Avenues, the organization with which we work in creating our goods has developed a new program run out of Lessie's Garden and Gift Shop (one of Avenues' Vocational Rehabilitation programs) called "Creative Hands" where their consumers, individuals with disabilities, are hand crafting pottery. It occurred to me that they could make soap dishes for Emma's Friends and Denise at Avenues, who runs the program, agreed.

She sent me a picture of the first soap dish designed for our soaps today. They are organically shaped, at least this first one, and have been happily designed just for our soaps.

Wha-hoo!!! After drying, the soap dishes will go then to The Mad Potter, another local company that specializes in handcrafted pottery which has partnered with Avenues for the Creative Hands program, for firing. Then a glaze, then they will be available online.

Can't wait... but alas, we must. BUT, I just had to share it with you all!

Yeah! Still though... I can't wait! You all might have to, I might have to buy the first one for myself! :P

Best,
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment